Dr Tony Palasovski provides specialist oncoplastic breast surgery in Wollongong and Southern Sydney. Bringing a wealth of experience and specialised skills, he provides superior breast surgical techniques and multidisciplinary breast care.
After receiving his surgical fellowship in 2011 to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Dr Palasovski completed prestigious fellowships in general and oncoplastic breast surgery at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, a world leading authority in the management of complex breast cancer.
He has since worked as a VMO, general and oncoplastic breast surgeon, with particular interest in the assessment and treatment of breast cancer and the delivery of breast surgeries that conserve or restores the natural shape of the breast.
He is committed to developing a truly integrated breast service with access to treatment modalities for all patients. His approach combines early detection and diagnosis with advanced techniques for excisional and implant based reconstructive surgery.
Dr Palasovski operates at our Wollongong Practice or our Miranda Practice, Integrated Specialist Health Care.
QUALIFICATIONS & CLINICAL INTERESTS
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2011
- MBBS, University of Queensland, 2002
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, 1997
- VMO Surgeon Kareena Private, Wollongong Private, Wollongong and Shellharbour Public Hospitals and Wollongong Day Surgery
- Member of Breastsurg ANZ
- Clinical collaborator with Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute (IHMRI) – Wollongong University
- Current hospital supervisor for both accredited and unaccredited trainees in General Surgery Wollongong and Shellharbour Public Hospital
- Identification of a novel tetrameric structure for human apolipoprotein-D
Claudia S. Kielkopf1,2, Jason K.K. Low3, Yee-Foong Mok4, Surabhi Bhatia1,2†, Tony Palasovski5,6,7, Aaron J. Oakley1,8, Andrew E. Whitten9, Brett Garner1,2, Simon H.J. Brown1,2*
- Approach to the Investigation of New Breast Symptoms, Tony Palasovski, Ramsay Health Newsletter, March 2015
- ‘Education for Teaching’ – Successful Scholar, Tony Palasovski, Karen Murphy, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Surgical News, June 2014
- Merkel Cell Carcinoma – What’s New?, Tony Palasovski, Annual Scientific Conference, Perth, May 2010
- Diagnosis, Treatment, Prognosis of Merkel Cell Carcinoma, Tony Palasovski, Sydney Cancer Conference (inaugural event), Sydney University, August 2008